Buttercrunch Lettuce (Lactuca sativa 'Buttercrunch') is a popular variety of lettuce known for its tender, buttery-textured leaves and sweet flavor. It is a favorite among gardeners and salad enthusiasts.
- Plant Buttercrunch Lettuce seeds outdoors in early spring or late summer for a fall crop.
- Sow the seeds 1/4 inch (6 mm) deep in well-draining soil.
- Space the seeds or seedlings about 6-12 inches (15-30 cm) apart in rows that are 12-18 inches (30-45 cm) apart.
- Buttercrunch Lettuce typically forms loose heads and grows to a height of 6-8 inches (15-20 cm).
- Seeds should germinate within 7-14 days.
- You can begin harvesting the outer leaves when they reach the desired size, allowing the inner leaves to continue growing.
- Buttercrunch Lettuce is prized for its sweet, tender leaves, making it an ideal choice for salads, sandwiches, and other culinary creations.